This past week, my family received some sad news about my aunt having cancer. This will be the 3rd family member on that side of the family who has had cancer - and I am convinced all of the cases were environmental (being around a lot of chemicals, etc). I couldn't help but think of all the toxic ingredients we encounter everyday and how I can make small changes to hopefully be a little bit healthier. So I decided to do a home detox.
I discovered Jessica Alba's company, the Honest Company - cute products that are all plant-based. I tried to buy some of the products, but they were sold out...so I went to Whole Foods and bought all new products instead. So what all did I replace?
1. Laundry Detergent - Ecos, $12.49
2. Fabric Softener - Whole Foods
3. Hand Soaps - Mrs. Meyers, $5.99
4. Dishwasher Soap - Whole Foods
5. Surface Cleaner
6. Toothpaste - Jason, $6
7. Shampoo/Conditioner Whole Foods
8. Body Wash - Castille Soap
9. Toilet Cleaner
10. Hand Sanitizer
11. Body Cream - Shikai, $9.99
12. Perfume - Whole Foods
13. Face Cream - Alba
15. Deoderant - Hugo Naturals, $4.99